Creativity + Technology
TechMakers at ArtReach is a beginner-level workshop for artists and writers, aged 11-13, who are interested in technology. The workshop is intended for creative students who have little or no technical experience and wish to explore technology in a supportive environment.
Next workshops are coming up in July as part of their Summer Camp Program.View ArtReach Classes & Programs
ArtReach Visiting Artists
This workshop is part of the ArtReach series of visiting artist classes that bring Music, Dance, Poetry, STEAM Learning, and Performance Art to their students. Visit the ArtReach website to register for classes or explore their programs.
What You'll Be Doing
You will learn some of the technical skills and techniques used by professional web designers. Then we will blend those new skills with your creativity to make your very first web page. Lastly, we will send you off with a computer you built yourself and resources to continue your learning.
- Goal 1: Build your own mini-computer to work on: Raspberry Pi.
- Goal 2: Learn about the building blocks of websites.
- Goal 3: Become familiar with code by writing some HTML and CSS.
- Goal 4: Explore design and content creation for websites using WordPress.
- The computer you build in week 1 is yours to keep.
- Your very first webpage/site.
- We'll make sure you have resources to continue learning.
- You'll have friends who can help you as you learn more.